Saturday, November 21, 2015

Bishop's turn.

Last October, we lost our precious Buddy-cat.  Now Buddy was the world's most laid-back cat, and at first, I wasn't even sure I wanted another cat.  We still had Sinatra, and at that point, Sinatra was still hale and healthy.

But, looking through Petfinder one day in late January, I noticed a listing for a huge, beautiful, blue point Siamese, available at the local shelter. I am a complete and utter sucker for a Siamese, I always have been.  Bob Dylan (as they were calling him), was also already neutered and front-declawed.  (Please don't argue with me over declawing. I won't have it done to a cat if it's my choice, but if it has already been done, I'm not above taking advantage.)  I showed the picture to Chris, and he agreed we should at least go see him.

The shelter picture


The shelter said he had had "a cough" (meaning a kitty cold) and had been on antibiotics, so he was quarantined in the "sick room" at the shelter.  So we couldn't really take him out and look at him closely, but I did pet him and discovered that he loved head scritches, and was pretty mellow.  Probably why they were calling him Bob Dylan....

Industrial-sized bed, with my sweater.


So we put in the adoption application and went home, and waited.  And waited.  Finally, three days later, I called, and they said, "Oh, yeah, you look good. When do you want to come and get him?"  It being New Year's Eve at the time, we grabbed the cat carrier and headed out the door in the frigid cold to bring him home.  Once we got him home and out of the carrier, we realized just how LARGE he was.  His nickname for awhile, was "Hefty Boy". And I had to go buy him an industrial sized bed (actually meant for a d.o.g. but don't tell him that!), because none of the other three cat beds we had scattered around were big enough.  He will have been with us a year this coming up New Year's Eve.

Didn't take him long at all to get comfortable!


  We decided that since we already had a Sinatra (and Bob Dylan has never been a favorite of mine), that Bishop (after Joey Bishop) was a better name.  He's never seemed to mind, and will actually look at me when I say his name, unlike Miss Trixie-Belle, aka Demon Spawn aka Bitty-Butt, aka Pretty Pretty Princess, aka Stinker, aka The Demon Thief of Dement Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment